Our investment board has construction and building products experience across the Americas, Europe and Asia. Working with multinational corporations and small and midsize businesses.
We have learned that to be successful in construction you need to understand the business at a global, regional, country, local and project-by-project level. As a lead investor we have experience working across multiple areas of the industry including:
- • Basic building materials (including cement, concrete, aggregates, brick, glass and other materials)
- • Building products (including roofing, siding, lumber, plywood, OSB, insulation, HVAC, piping, plumbing fixtures/fittings, flooring, electrical products, paint and many other products)
- • Infrastructure
- • Distribution and retail
- • Homebuilding (including national and regional/local builders)
- • Engineering, construction and procurement (EPC) (including all segments of the EPC value chain)
And we have experience across multiple construction end-markets – including residential, non-residential and public sector/infrastructure.
Our investment board works closely with partners to address major management issues which include:
- • Developing corporate strategy to optimize the role of each product group in the portfolio of businesses.
- • Creating and executingbusiness unit growth strategies for individual countries and business areas.
- • Optimising customer strategy and marketing —segmenting markets and customers, designing the right product/service offering, optimizing pricing and bid strategies, improving customer retention and loyalty, and aligning the sales force and key channel partners around the growth plan.
- • Developing M&A strategies, evaluating potential deals through due-diligence and executing merger integrations for both corporate and private equity clients.
- • Improving operating performance, including manufacturing optimization, supply chain strategy, procurement optimization, complexity reduction, SG&A redesign and cash and capital management.
- • Increasing organisational effectiveness by addressing organizational design, decision-effectiveness, the role of the centre, leadership supply, measures and incentives, and organizational culture.
- • Enhancing IT Performance through business alignment, IT complexity management, outsourcing and offshoring, and value delivery.